Word Ninjas Live 121: ‘Tis the Season…Finding Creative Gifts
Welcome to episode 121 of Word Ninjas Live! This week we’re discussing how to find the right gift for that creative someone in your life. Also, some news highlights, productivity updates, and more!
Weekly Conversation Topics:
Each week we bring various discussion topics, what if scenarios, and creative concepts that have arisen over the last week to rant/ramble/bring about.
Topic: How to go about gift shopping for creative people.
Topic Leader: Charles
I tend to parse it into four different options:
- Resources: What creative materials do they use, want, enjoy, appreciate?
- Content: Do they have a wish list of books, music, art, tickets, movies, etc.?
- Significance: It doesn’t have to be directly related to their creative endeavors, so much as something that’ll have sentiment or meaning to them.
- What’s your budget? What’s your deadline? Factor in packaging/transport.
- Honestly, just pay attention to them when they’re working. They’ll inadvertently tell you exactly what they want or need. Small comments like “I’m gonna need a new notebook soon” or “Crap, I’m running out of purple.” will let you know of any supplies they may be in need of.
- Definitely look out for wishlists, or a “Want” tag on any forums they frequent. It’s a good way to find out any of the random things a creative person may be wanting, whether it’s new supplies, a book, or some random toy.
News / Articles:
- Humble Bundle: Learn Raspberry Pi & Arduino
Productivity & Inspiration Station:
Discuss any personal highlights and inspirations you wish to share.
- Final NSfWN reflection, Game Break recordings
- Another byline at work.
- Crew shenaniganry with Moose & Squirrel Fox & Alchemist
- Quote: “If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough.”
- Got all caught up on audio editing for WNL.
- Started frameworking my next novel idea. Can’t stop won’t stop.
- Fun night out with fearless leader and his lovely lady.
- More time than was necessary spent converting the chapter of “Roommate” for uploading to one site in particular. Because no RTE what?
- YourMiniCon 2016 – January 9-10 – Full crew as vendors and press
- ConnectiCon 2016 – July 7-9 – Full crew as vendors
Show your Appreciation:
If we entertained you in any way, shape, or form, please subscribe to our YouTube channel, where you can watch, comment, and thumbs up our various videos!
Converse with us! We enjoy talking to our listeners and viewers.
You can help fund our various endeavors by perusing our Etsy store. All purchases help to pay for audiobook recording costs, convention attendance and coordination, tech/recording upgrades, and global domination through the written word.
Those we appreciate: Spencer Hill Press, BookWorks, Taunton Press, Wayward Raven, Turtleduck Press, Purple Lantern Studios, Fairy Tail Podcast, IttyBittySheip, all of our special guests since episode one, and every single viewer/listener out there who enjoys our absurdities.
Who’s whom on this episode?
To find any of the crew members, track us down here, with all of our respective locations on the internet.