Word Ninjas Live 118: Let’s Speed Things Up a Bit
Welcome to episode 118 of Word Ninjas Live! This week, we’re discussing the advantages of speed in writing, news, updates, and more!
Weekly Conversation Topics:
Each week we bring various discussion topics, what if scenarios, and creative concepts that have arisen over the last week to rant/ramble/bring about.
Topic: What are the advantages and disadvantages of speed when writing, reading, or any other creative endeavor?
Topic Leader: Charles
Using Technology to Break the Speed Barrier of Reading
- Time v quality v quantity. Generally can only do two of the three.
- Deadlines & schedules can be beneficial to balancing speed and creative progress
- Speed charcoal drawing – Not over analyzing and learning instinct.
- Word sprints – Opening up the creative floodgates.
- Speed reading fiction – akin to wolfing down food, not able to savor or critically analyze.
- Go at your own pace. Go as fast as you can while minimizing mistakes. Through practice you will gradually get faster. This goes for writing and art.
- Reading fiction – This is meant to be fun and relaxing. Take your time to not only absorb but be immersed by the story. Fast != Better.
News / Articles:
Productivity & Inspiration Station:
Discuss any personal highlights and inspirations you wish to share.
- Pushing towards Operation: New Adventure
- Looking at 2016 content roadmap
- PT is unpleasant
- Way behind in NaNoWriMo
- Business Plan well on its way
- Reached a weight milestone
- Slowly working on the last chapter of “Roommate”
- Finished Undertale. An amazing experience all around.
- Also finished BioShock 2. Now to commentate and edit over four hours of game footage.
- Got caught up on all audio editing for WNL.
- Participated with full time job in NYC Veterans Day Parade
- Managed to get a media badge
- Got full access to parade route
- Took ALL THE PICTURES
- Met great people
- Went home and died
- ROAD TEST ON FRIDAYAAAUUUGHSDFGKLNSDFL *dies in pool of nervousness*
- NaNoWriMo – November month long writing challenge
- YourMiniCon 2016 – January 9-10 – Full crew as vendors and press
- ConnectiCon 2016 – July 7-9 – Full crew as vendors
Show your Appreciation:
If we entertained you in any way, shape, or form, please subscribe to our YouTube channel, where you can watch, comment, and thumbs up our various videos!
Converse with us! We enjoy talking to our listeners and viewers.
You can help fund our various endeavors by perusing our Etsy store. All purchases help to pay for audiobook recording costs, convention attendance and coordination, tech/recording upgrades, and global domination through the written word.
Those we appreciate: Spencer Hill Press, BookWorks, Taunton Press, Wayward Raven, Turtleduck Press, Purple Lantern Studios, Fairy Tail Podcast, IttyBittySheip, all of our special guests since episode one, and every single viewer/listener out there who enjoys our absurdities.
Who’s whom on this episode?
To find any of the crew members, track us down here, with all of our respective locations on the internet.