Word Ninjas Live 100: #CTCon 2015 Review & Important Changes
Welcome and join us for episode 100 of Word Ninjas Live! Where we’re going over our ConnectiCon 2015 review, and discussing some important logistics in regards to our various endeavors for the next several months.
Weekly Conversation Topics:
Each week we bring various discussion topics, what if scenarios, and creative concepts that have arisen over the last week to rant/ramble/bring about.
Topic: How did ConnectiCon 2015 go?
Topic Leader: Charles
- Smoothest logistics setup I’ve seen yet. From booth badges, to press badges, to hotel, and parking.
- The giveaway box – it was so fun to make so many people happy with free books and shiny baubles
- Having a corner booth was awesome – from more table space, to greater ability to interact with people, to being easily spot-able
- Seeing so many past friends and fans and meeting so many new friends and fans
- Got to interview: EA Rappaport & Sal DelGreco, Maurice Lamarche,
- Was interviewed by: Alistair Book
- Even with 5 people, we couldn’t do everything. There were just too many panels and events of interest to us.
- There were some empty booths, which seemed odd. And it was a bit off-putting.
- There was some kerfluffle over the barcode scanned badges (only two that I personally heard of)
- We did a few press things on the fly, as info was either delayed or unclear at the time. That said, the press staff were fabulous and able to answer all questions we tossed their way.
- Food logistics, as always, were…an adventure.
- While we more or less avoided River Fest, it’s always interesting when multiple events coincide on the same weekend and location.
- We had a reality check, which was much needed, but requires a lot of pondering and shuffling about.
Topic: We’re making some changes…
Topic Leader: Charles
- Word Ninjas Live – Still on Wednesdays at 7:30 PM EST
- Discussion Topics
- News highlights
- Rotating weekly from: Project updates, events, inspiration, product/video promos
- Game Break
- Mondays – One offs, highlights/discussions of game’s story / characters / mechanics
- Thursdays – Visual Novels
- Style changeup
- 20-25 minutes of gameplay – 5-10 minutes of discussing what happened
- Muse Food – Still on Saturdays at 9:00 AM EST
- Weekly prompts – One Liners, Music, & Art
- Story cards – Being pulled back to ensure quality
- Submissions – Always appreciated
- Word Ninjas Book Trilogy
- Writer’s Kit – COMPLETE
- Cleanup Kit – 50% drafted
- Publication Kit – 50% outlined
- Recommended Reading
- Schedule – Fridays at 9AM EST
- NEW YouTube Schedule
- Mondays: One-Off Game Breaks
- Tuesdays: None
- Wednesdays: Word Ninjas Live Podcast
- Thursdays: Visual Novel Game Breaks
- Fridays: Recommended Reading Book Reviews
- Saturdays: Muse Food Creative Prompts
- Sundays: None
News / Articles:
Productivity & Inspiration Station:
Discuss any personal highlights and inspirations you wish to share.
- Listened to old school WNL to find the core again
- CTCon 2012 – What is this? | CTCon 2013 – Can we do this? | CTCon 2014 – Should we do this? | CTCon 2015 – How do we do this? | CTCon 2016 – Let’s do this!
- NSFWN for July completed.
- Counterattacking life’s lemons
- Went to work today; going back tomorrow
- Airplane tommorrow
- Tumblr resurgence
- Cleaned basement
- Jurassic World: Review
- AkaiCon promo for Infinity’s Light complete
- Sorted through 800+ photos from CTCon and got about 400 good ones
- Battled web site plague and won
- Started discovering the voice I lost long ago
AkaiCon – August 7-9 – CJ and Calvin attending as press with OTP Manga & FTP crews
In-Con-Ceivable – August 28-30 – Full crew vendors; CJ, Calvin and Justin as press
Hartford ComicCon – September 5-6 – Full crew as vendors, coordinating press logistics
Show your Appreciation:
If we entertained you in any way, shape, or form, please subscribe to our YouTube channel, where you can watch, comment, and thumbs up our various videos!
Talk to us via Twitter: @FCWordNinja Bonus points if you use the hashtag #WordNinjas.
Follow us on Tumblr: FCWordNinja.tumblr.com
Like our Facebook page: FB.com/FullCoverageWriters.
Converse with us! We enjoy talking to our listeners and viewers.
You can help fund our various endeavors by perusing our Etsy store. All purchases help to pay for audiobook recording costs, convention attendance and coordination, tech/recording upgrades, and global domination through the written word.
Brought to You By:
Those we appreciate: Waldorf Publishing, Spencer Hill Press, BookWorks, Taunton Press, Wayward Raven, Turtleduck Press, Purple Lantern Studios, Fairy Tail Podcast, IttyBittySheip, all of our special guests since episode one, and every single viewer/listener out there who enjoys our absurdities.
Who’s whom on this episode?
To find any of the crew members, track us down here, with all of our respective locations on the internet.